It goes without saying that it’s very wise for a home seller to give serious thought to what kind of first impression their home gives potential buyers.
As the sayings goes, “you only get one chance to make a first impression.” With that reoccurring thought in mind, I’m always looking for great articles on the ‘art’ of home selling. Articles on steps homeowners can take to improve the look and feel their homes gives off to prospective buyers.
And often the best advice is straight forward, simple and easy to accomplish. And that is what we have with Ann Miller’s article at Realtor.com entitled “12 ways to make a fantastic first impression on buyers.” You can’t get any more straightforward than that!
Ann touches on ideas such as:
– Lawn care, bush pruning and generally making your yard ‘neat’ and uncluttered. And of course – well ‘groomed’.
– Professionally clean carpets. One of the worst impressions for a buyer to get past is a dirty carpet.
– Make sure all light switches work. Every one.
– Putting new caulk around sinks and tubs.
– Cleaning out your medicine cabinets.
– Replacing old light bulbs and using the brightest bulbs each fixture will take. Great illumination is a must.
– If you have a pet, make sure you make arrangements for the pet to out of the property during showings.
For additional ideas and further detail, you can read Ann’s entire article on Realtor.com here
If you are considering listing your home for sale and have any questions about preparing your home for a great first impression or you have questions about any other matter related to effectively selling your home, I’m here to help! Please feel free to call or text me at 412-613-4466. In addition, I can be reached quickly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also reach me via the contact form below: