I wanted to share a great article regarding inexpensive staging tips for home sellers. This article comes to us from Melissa Neiman of Bankrate.com
Without question, correctly staging and presenting your home can significantly improve the odds of an effective and satisfactory sale. However, hiring professional home stagers are not always within the budget. With that thought in mind, here is an overview of Melissa’s article.
1. Pack away personal items. When possible, packing away your personal items is one of the simplest ways to help sell your property quickly. One quick way to de-personalize your home is to remove personal photos. The idea is that it’s difficult for prospective buyers to envision themselves in your home if they are surrounded by your personal family photos.
2. Clear away the clutter. While not always the easiest thing to do, it’s vital to enable the prospective buyer to focus on your home – not your ‘things.’ It’s much better to pack away your belongings in boxes and get them out of the way and out of site.
3. Rearrange and neutralize rooms. The suggestion is that fresh, neutral paint on walls, trim and doors makes your home appear clean and new. Another suggestion is to make sure closets are neat, organized and not over stuffed.
4. Clean and deodorize. It’s near impossible for a prospective buyer to look past a smelly home. Clean, clean, clean. The clean some more. Also ensure your home has a pleasant fragrance when prospective buyers arrive. Whether that would be scented candles or freshly baked sweets. Fresh and clean wins over just about anything else.
5. Enhance curb appeal. First impressions only come around once. Mow your lawn and trim your hedges. Pressure clean your exterior including sidewalks, decks and driveway. Also adding mulch is a low cost upgrade which really enhances a home’s landscape and overall exterior presence.
You can read Melissa’s full article here.
If you are considering selling your home and have any questions concerning home staging or any other selling factor, don’t hesitate to contact me. I’m here to help. Feel free to call or text me at 412-613-4466.
Or feel free to use this form: